Friday, November 19, 2010

Portable Swimming Pool

3/11/10


‘’This life jacket is cold,” I said to Litia. It felt cold and clammy. As we were eagerly awaiting to hop in the pool Chris told us to hang our towels up.

Chris is from Water Safety NZ, he is very kind. Chris teaches the whole school about safety, one of the safety rules is to float on your back and don't panic. Our school is lucky to have Chris and the pool. It is cool because you can move it around. The water is warm when the sun shines on it and a little bit cold when its raining. (Room 15’s swimming days are on Wednesday)


When I hopped in the pool I walked to the end and floated on my back. When Chris said "Get into a huddle," we quietly sung the national anthem. We had heaps of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Teri - sounds like you are really enjoying your swimming. I hope its warm enough because you wouldn't want to be swimming in Washington anymore. Its freezing!
    I really love your use of descriptive language - keep up the good work :-)

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa I miss you and the pool is very warm and do you think Six flag pools are open. Love you I am having fun at school. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be home in less than a week now Teri. Six flags is closed now - its so cold its nearly snowing! Glad you are enjoying school and hope the triathlon training is going well xxx

    ReplyDelete